These came in an email that said…
What to do when you are bored at work.
1. Kill a few flies
2. Put them in the sun to dry for an hour or so.
3. Once they’re dry, pick up a pencil and paper & let your imagination flow.
Here are a few examples…”
1) It seems like a ton of restaurants have started having savory salads that include fruit (strawberries, mandarin oranges, grapes, apples, etc.) along with lettuce or some other leafy veggie. Frankly, I don’t think fruit and veggies should mix on my plate, but apparently not everyone agrees with me. What is your take on salads with fruit?
There are actually some tasty ones with apples in them. You just have to be careful not to make the salad too sweet.
2) I like to play this little game with myself (and sometimes friends) where I make up stories in my head about someone’s secret sexual fetishes based on the way they look and my initial opinion of them. I once made the assumption that a certain female coworker was into dominatrix stuff and my theory just recently got confirmed, much to my disgust. If I were to meet you in person, what kind of fetish do you think I’d assume you’d be into? I like my dogs a lot– is that a fetish?
3) A former coworker recently told me that he always wished he had the ability to stop time so he could do it during a company wide meeting and arrange all the bosses into a crazy orgy and when he un-stopped time they’d be caught in compromising positions. What would you do if you could stop time?
Like Bewitched? I’m not sure I’d want to.
4) On an episode of “The Big Bang Theory,” the character of Sheldon breaks into an arcade and plays in the ball pit for a while, which looks like a ton of fun to me. (Click here if you want to watch the scene.) If you were locked in an arcade for a night and could act like a carefree child, what games would you play or what activities would you do?
Good old fashion pinball.
5) If someone gave you an insider trading secret, would you risk getting caught and use the information to invest money in a business and rake in the cash? Probably not.
6) I came home from work last Friday night to find a massive crime scene at the drug dealer’s house across the street. As I was trying to drive into my driveway, I saw two police officers throw a very tall, large man onto the ground, put handcuffs on him, and drag him to a police car. It was like an episode of “COPS” in front of me. Have you ever witnessed someone getting arrested? (Or, have you ever been arrested yourself?) Yes and no.
7) Food-eating challenges intrigue me (and apparently fans of the TV shows “Man vs. Food” and “Outrageous Food”). A local hot dog place will give you free hot dogs if you can eat 25 or more in an hour. I so think I could do it. Have you ever taken part in some sort of food eating contest or challenge? Placed 4th in a pizza eating contest in college. Someone on my team placed first so we won big that night.
8) Flash mobs seem to be happening everywhere all the time. What do you think is the appeal of being in a flash mob? This is a phenomenon I simply do not understand. Who has time for it.
9) My younger brother disturbingly nicknamed my breasts “Pedro” and “Sanchez” one day; why they’re named after Mexican men I don’t know. Have you ever nicknamed a body part, of your own or someone else’s? Nah.
10) Since I started my current job, I’ve met a lot of women who are shoe-obsessed. Apparently there’s a difference between wearing shoes and loving shoes. Why do you think some women feel the need to own up to 100 or more pairs of shoes? Why do you think they will pay hundreds of dollars on a single pair? Cause they’re single, don’t have kids, love themselves more than anything, like credit card debt, and do not have a nest egg. I’d pay a bit more for Uggs but, would definitely get my money’s worth.
11) Would you pose completely naked for a magazine for $10,000?I’m pretty sure they’d give me the money not to.
12) If I walked into your home at this exact moment, what would I see? Is it neat and clean, is it mostly clean with just a few things out of place, or is it like my house which always looks like a tornado went through? I celan on Wednesday mornings. You’ll have to stop by on Wednesday afternoon