Set yourself apart. As a small business owner with big competition, we had to figure out a way to be different. We saw an opportunity to invite people to sell their rare and unusual items at our shop, in addition to conducting our usual pawn business.
Know how to negotiate. Never fall in love with something when you’re negotiating a price. Never decide you’re going to buy something because you can’t live without it. Negotiating to buy an item shouldn’t be an emotional process. And you should never, ever, give the first number.
Offer something no one else does. In the 90’s, I went on eBay to buy some paddle tires for my four-wheeler ATV and couldn’t find any. When I did find a manufacturer that sold them, I bought 20,000 and had no problem reselling them.
Treat every customer well. I tell everyone that works for me not to look down on people. If you’re nice to people and take a minute to talk with them, it’s good for business whether or not they buy anything. Just because they don’t look like they have money doesn’t mean they’re poor.
Embrace social media.
We also pay someone to do regular Facebook status and Twitter updates. Corey and Chumlee have been getting paid $1,000 a night to appear at different nightclubs. Club owners know that once they start tweeting their location for the night, hundreds of people show up to see them.
Saturday 9: Against All Odds
1. Have you ever tried to rekindle a past relationship against the odds?
Rekindled or moved on? I’ve moved on.
2. Do you like your job, or daily routine?
Usually, unless someone throws something into it like breaks my dryer.
3. Do you find time to ‘smell the flowers’ so to speak?
4. Do you have any problems thinking of things to write about in my blog?Your blog? no.
5. Do others consider you well organized?
I’m usually better than they are which means they cannot comment.
6. Do you always have a “Plan B” just in case?
Durp- I’m a mom!
7. How do you find yourself adjusting to new situations?
It’s all about the Serenity Prayer- know what you are able to control and what is out of your control.
8. Are you happy with where you are in this point of your life?
9. Do you find the aging process we all go through easy or difficult?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone’s responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, “Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!” Enjoy your weekend!