I just received this email that gave me goosebumps.I’m not sure who exactly to credit, besides the amazing canines.
The Dog Who Cornered Osama Bin Laden
NOTE: This blog post is exactly the same as the one entitled “Canadian Connection To Raid On Bin Laden Compound.”
When U.S. President Barack Obama went to Fort Campbell , Kentucky , last week for a highly publicized but very private meeting with the commando team that killed Osama bin Laden, only one of the 81 members of the super-secret SEAL DevGru unit was identified by name: Cairo , the war dog.
As for the ethics of sending dogs to war, that’s pretty much a moot point, don’t you think? If it’s ethical to send humans into combat, then why not dogs?
At least the U.S. now treats its war dogs as full members of the military. At the end of the Vietnam War, the U.S. combat dogs there were designated as “surplus military equipment” and left behind when American forces pulled out. Sorry about that, it was dreadful to do such a thing!
Saturday 9: The Devil Went Down to Georgia
1. Do you believe in the concept of the devil?
I believe that Nancy Grace thinks he’s doing the Cha-Cha this very weekend.
2. What’s your favorite nickname that you’re called?
3. What would you do if someone cheated on you?
4. Do you ever cry at a movie?
I usually see comedy’s, so only when hormonal.
5. Have you got “a ball & chain” or are you single? Are you happy with your status?
My “a ball & chain” is actually the canine patrol which parade-follows me throughout the house when I’m trying to work.
6. Who do you got to for advice?
My fairy Godmother.
7. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
At- don’t know To- earlier today when FL #2 was telling me a story about some stupid driver. She was talking really loud- kind of like a yell.
8. When was the last time you spoke with someone that you met online?
Not sure I have.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? OR Where would you like to go on your honeymoon?
Went to Niagara Falls four years after we were married and I came home prenant. Not sure I’ll ever go back.
Last week I must not have finished the meme. Thanks for telling me (if you were on of those people who mentioned it). Duh. I even forgot to enter name on the link. Durrr……..
Not sure what I was distracted by.