What’s the deal with Firefox?
I usually work with two browsers- Chrome and Firefox, because each does something better that I need going. FF had us upgrade a short while back and the upgrade came with a goodie- Yahoo search as a default!!! I have had to get rid of Yahoo search twice- and it’s not easy to do!
Now, they want me to upgrade again! FF use to be my browser of choice………
1. Unnecessary printing costs: $ 930 million
2. Unused buildings (including a “monkey house”): $175 million
3. Fraudulent tax reimbursements to prisoners: $112 million
4. Streetcar system that runs the same rout as the subway system below it: $47.6 million
5. Treadmills for shrimp: $3 million
6. New toilets for Denali National Park in Alaska: $1.5 million
7. Study of baby names: $1 million
8. $15.68 Million: On an unprofitable shooting range
The Clark County Shooting Range, just outside Las Vegas, lost $1.3 million last year and has yet to turn a profit.
9.$5 Million: On a three week conference for the FAA
The Federal Aviation Administration put up 3,600 employees during at a training conference in Atlanta.
10. $4.2 Million: “Duplicative Shuttle Services for Federal Employees”
Taxpayers spent $18.5 million on a bus service for federal government employees.
11. $2.9 Million: On a study of World of Warcraft and other computer games
This research explored how “online virtual worlds such as ‘World of Warcraft’ and ‘Second Life’ can help organizations collaborate and compete more effectively. Don’t laugh- my son has been doing the WOW research for a couple of years now….
12. $2.5 Million: On a U.S. Census commercial that appeared during the Super Bowl
It was ranked as the worst Super Bowl ad in history. YIKES
13. $2 Million: On a study about posting pictures online
The National Science Foundation really wanted to study “people who post pictures on the internet from the same place at the same time.” What are the chances?