It’s President Obama’s Birthday today!
1. President Barack Hussein Obama was born at 7:24 in the morning in the year of 1961.
2. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii (you’ve seen the certificate- right?).
3. Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, grew up in Wichita, Kansas.
4. Obama’s father, Barack Obama, Sr., was born of Luo ethnicity in Nyanza Province, Kenya.
5. Obama wore #23 jersey on his high school basketball team. They won the state championship in 1979.
6. In 2009 Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. He was the 4th president to do so.
7. To date, his highest approval rating has been 69%, lowest 41%.
8. After high school, Obama studied at Occidental College in Los Angeles for two years. He then transferred to Columbia University in New York, graduating in 1983 with a degree in political science.
9. In 1989 he met Michelle Robinson, an associate at Sidley & Austin law firm in Chicago. She was assigned to be Obama’s adviser during a summer internship at the firm, and soon the couple began dating.You know the rest.
10. In February 1990, Obama was elected the first African-American editor of the Harvard Law Review. There were 18 other candidates for the position.
11. Obama graduated (yes, there are records to prove this) in the top 10% of his class graduating magna cum laude in 1991.
12. President Obama has over 9.3 Twitter followers.
13. In his first State of the Union Address, the President stated
“We don’t quit. I don’t quit,” “Let’s seize this moment to start anew, to carry the dream forward, and strengthen our union once more.”