from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Dog treats found in stores can be filled with empty carbs and chemicals. If you want a healthy treat for your dog, here is a simple recipe to make 36 Banana Pupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 bowl of dry yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees .
- Grease 36 mini-muffin cups.
- Use a blender to grind oatmeal into a powder. Mix oatmeal, whole wheat flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Place bananas, vanilla and honey in blender, process, add water slowly.
- Pour liquid mixture gradually into bowl of dry yeast.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling cups to the rim.
- Bake until done, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- If you use an aluminum pan, the muffins will bake faster than in a darker metal pan.
- Check muffins after baking 15 minutes. The muffins are small. Depending on your oven, they may be done baking in 15-20 minutes.
- Refrigerate or freeze pupcakes so they’ll last longer.
- Allow pupcakes to cool before tossing one to your dog.
- Pupcakes are treats! Don’t over-indulge your four-legged friends. One or two pupcakes a day for a small dog or four for a large dog is plenty.
- You can use regular flour, but whole wheat is recommended.
Things You’ll Need
- 36 mini muffincups
- How to Read a Pet Food Label
- How to Share Your Dog Knowledge
- How to Adopt a Purebred Dog
- How to Detect Diabetes in Dogs
- How to Prevent Heat Stroke in Dogs
- How to Get Help for Dogs with Canine Epilepsy
- How to Choose Healthy Dog Food
- How to Stop Unwanted Behavior in Dogs
- How to Groom a Longhair Dog
- How to Make a Tasty Dog Treat for Hot Days
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Healthy Dog Treats. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.