Moms Wearing Junior Clothes

I just read an article about mom’s (in their 40’s) who  ‘dress like their teen daughters’.

The article said that mom’s will do this not to look like their daughters but, to feel younger.Temple University conducted a study which says that moms are turning into “consumer doppelgängers” of their children. Moms shopping in teen stores  to mimic the identities of their teenage daughters.
The study actually began as a way to see if daughters were trying to copy their mothers. After questioning 343 mother-daughter pairs they discovered the opposite was true.

So, my question for you is this, at what age should a woman migrate from the Junior department to the Ladies department?

Personally, I don’t mind wearing a junior sized tank if it’s made well, I can fit into it and I’m really not planning to go out special in it. However, I just prefer the quality and sizing of a ladies department. I have seen women my age in the junior’s department and wondered.

I’m also doing this…

Rules?
~ Link to a post
~ Link NOT to a giveaway.
~ Link NOT to something spammy.
~ Can link to your hop.(no, I’m not going to delete your link to your post that also contains your hop)
~ Want to co-host or Guest Host? Email me msposh@poshonabudget.com!
~ Thanks for the follow! :)

Have fun!

Comments

1. says

I always feel stuck in the middle- too young for the women’s department, and too old for the teen department. I usually shop both, but I don’t wear low cut skinny jeans and other “teen” stuff like that.

2. says

I sometimes will look at a women who has something on that was designed and aimed at someone half her age. The majority would wear such clothes because they haven’t been able to deal with growing older.

Obviously there are the exceptions that older women still like to feel attractive and sexy, but wearing clothes that don’t suit your age range doesn’t bring that back.

3. says

Ha ~ The migration out of Junior clothes dept. can be slow! :-) I, too still may buy a tank top, Tee or jean caparis there. . .but otherwise. . . . please ladies. . .leave the Jr. Dept to the youngins! (Of course, this is coming from a mid-50’s Mama) Happy Friday to all!

4. says

I graduated from the jr. department to many years to remember. I think no matter what our age, we should dress age appropriate.

I remember watching a late night talk show and the woman guest saying, “this is my daughters dress, we can now wear the same size.” (The daughter was a teen-ager.) She looked awful, had she wore age appropriate, how much better she would have looked. This was a woman in her middle fifties, not a thirty something.

5. says

That’s a great question. I think a woman should look classy and sophisticated. It’s hard to find that mixed with the teeny jeans and low cut halter tops of the juniors department. lol I certainly don’t think it’s a crime to shop in the juniors area so long as the outcome is classy and sophisticated. Right?

6. says

I totally agree that at a certain age a woman should stop buying tops with childish prints that in addition are even smaller than her normal size. I’m not saying that a woman should only wear business suits etc, cause there are plenty respected looking but still nice and sexy (for that matter). So, I’m for dressing “age appropriate”.

7. says

It depends on how many wrinkles you have!
    I did see the bit about this on TV. The moms looked their age, but they did seem to be having a lot of fun!

Juniors? I think I outgrew it about age 12. I’ve never shopped juniors–way too tall for that size.

8. says

Here is my story. I used to weigh over 200 pounds, and I shopped the “women’s” section. I now weigh under 150 pounds, and I discovered that most of the clothes in the “ladies'” section did not fit too well. I went to the petite section, and it just didn’t seem to always work either. But then I went to the juniors section, and I love it! The clothes are so cute. There are some things that are not me, but I don’t mind dressing young. I am 37, and I look younger now than when I was in my 20’s. So if I look good, why not show it off??

9. says

3 month ago i went to cut my hair after 2 years. im 26 years old. My other 24-26 age friends cut there hair long time ago. If they would not cut thier hair i wouldnt cut mine, but the social environment influnce a person to do something. In your case, if your social enviorment tells you that women in your age should dress like this, so why not? this way you suit yourself to the environment:)

10. barak says

3 month ago i went to cut my hair after two years. im 26 years old. My other 24-26 age friends cut there hair long time ago. If they would not cut thier hair i wouldnt cut mine, but the social environment influnce a person to do something. In your case, if your social enviorment tells you that women in your age should dress like this, so why not? this way you suit yourself to the environment :)