911- Honoring Victims
Americans are called on to simultaneously participate in a Moment of Remembrance at 1:00 PM Easten Daylight Time on September 11, 2011. Cease all regular activity for one minute to take a moment to reflect on the lives lost and those affected by the attacks of 9/11.
Governments, businesses, houses of worship, railways, fire and police departments, and others are called on to ring bells and sound sirens during the Moment of Remembrance.
9/11 memorials and commemorations:
- New York – The 9/11 Memorial dedication will be held September 11, 2011.
- Washington, DC – The Pentagon Memorial is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to allow the public to reflect on those who died there.
- Shanksville, Pennsylvania – The National Park Service will dedicate the Flight 93 National Memorial and host a 10th anniversary commemoration.
This year, more than 1 million Americans are expected to serve in their communities in honor of 9/11. Service projects will range from food drives and home repairs to neighborhood cleanups and disaster preparation activities. In many areas, volunteers will honor veterans, soldiers, or first responders by collecting donations, assembling care packages, and writing thank you letters.
Learn how you can participate in public service on the National Day of Service and Remembrance. On September 23, 2011, the Corporation for National and Community Service will announce winners of thechallenge it issued to engage volunteers during the National Day of Service and Remembrance.
Saturday 9: Ready or Not
1. When severe whether happens, generally speaking, are you ready for it?
2. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be? Mind reading
Oh wait…I can already do that
3. What do you strive for in life?
4. If you were given a vacation home and you could have it anywhere, what location would you choose?
Not sure I want all the stuff that comes with it- taxes, maintenance… thanks though
5. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? If the answer is “it depends,” on what does it depend?
This question is way above me at the moment, so I gotta say it depends. Thanks for opt out.
6. When you’re sick do you take “sick days” or do you force yourself to continue working?
7. What is your absolute favorite piece of furniture you have and why?
This isn’t sounding like the usual “Samantha”. What gives?
I just can’t pick a favorite. It’s all stuff.
8. When you go out, where do you like to go? What do you like to do?
I went out on a run in the rain this morning with my dogs.I like the rain because it keeps the PITA’s off the sidewalks and outta my way.
9. How’s life? Is it treating you well right now?
Better yet, I’ll do it for ya.