Census.gov says that the U.S. Population will be 312.8 Million on New Year’s Day.
That’s an increase of 2,250,129, or 0.7 percent, from New Year’s Day 2011, and an increase of 4,035,430, or 1.3 percent, since Census Day (April 1, 2010).
One birth is expected to occur every eight seconds in the United States and one death every 12 seconds. The combination of births, deaths and net international migration results in an increase in the total U.S. population of one person every 17 seconds.
Saturday 9: Sam’s Last Stand: 2011
1. Over all, how do you feel about what happened in your life in 2011? Not sure what has happened that is worth mentioning. Boring?
2. Do you do New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are they this year?
Nope. I conquered them all last year. Guess I’ll just have to give up happy hours or something.
3. In the past 24 hours, I have reconnected with 3 old friends that I’ve not spoken to in years. If you could reconnect with someone from your past who would it be, and why?
I’ll go with Brad Pitt.
4. Do you have anything that you would have not done or done differently in 2011 as you look back?
Nope. Guess I’ve had a good year.
5. Going back to my ex-friends that I reconnected with, one of them ended over a boyfriend. She called to apologize. Do you have someone that you fell out with you and wonder how they are?
Nope. I tend to move on.
6. If you had a chance to reconnect with an ex (say for coffee), who would it be, and why?
I’m surly flunking this 9. I have no ex’s worth re-connecting with. Except maybe the ones I turned to the other side and that would be for things other than romance.
7. One of resolutions is about weight-loss. Have you ever struggled with your diet?
Is Santa Claus fat and jolly?
8. What do you think was the top news story of 2011?
Duh. Bud and Kathy getting engaged.
Geezus. This is way more important than the celeb deaths, the circus debates or the freakin’ GB Packers.
9. What are your plans for (New Year’s Eve)tonight?
The usual. Happy hour, nap, wake up to listen to hubby’s snorefest.