Last week there was some kind of an uproar over texting and driving and an effort to curb this.
Consider this, according to the NTSB:
- Drivers who use mobile devices are four times more likely to have an accident and injure themselves or others.
- Using a cell phone while driving is the equivalent of having a blood alcohol concentration level of .08 percent, the legal limit in most states.
- Using a cell phone can reduce the brain activity associated with driving by 37 percent.
Tips for Changing Your Habits
- Turn off your phone before driving away, or store it somewhere where you can’t reach it.
- If you have an urgent call you need to attend, find a safe place to park before using your phone.
- Ask another passenger to answer your calls or messages.
- Designate a copilot that can help you use other electronics in the car such as your navigation system or the radio.
Welcome to Friend and Follow! the fun hop to boost your friends, followers, and blog.
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will.
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
Thanks for joining us!