I’m old enough (I know…gasp) to have lived through the revolution from 78lps to 45 and 33’s, then 8 tracks, and CD’s. By the way, at the time, we were told that CD’s would last longer than albums- I beg to differ in hindsight.
I just read that CD’s are now being taken over.
According to a Nielsen and Billboard report, digital music purchases accounted for 50.3% of music sales in 2011. Digital sales were up 8.4% from the previous year, while physical album sales declined 5%.
Lady Gaga took the top spot as 2011’s most streamed artist, according to the report.
My question to you is this,
What is your method of listening to music?
For me, I still use cd’s in my car. The music I like I have converted over to iTunes for my phone and iPods. I have never purchased music digitally.
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will. For your convenience, there is a giveaway linky below the hop linky
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
Thanks for joining us!