There is a new law in Georgia (and a few other states) that states that schools must weigh kids. The kids need to be weighed while standing backwards. The results are reported to parents in the form of a BMI index.
How do you feel about this?
Duh, obesity is a problem in the US. Low self esteem with kids is another problem. And the demands on the schools and teachers is yet another problem. My biggest issue could be the burden placed on the schools and teachers. I saw what ‘No Child Left Behind’ did (many teachers claimed that all it did was teach kids how to take tests that they were allowed to be prepped for).
Illinois is the only state, from what I’ve been told, that mandates PE in school. Illinois also has rules about getting physicals before entering certain grades. Perhaps, a little PE and monitoring/intervention from professionals would be a great way to go. Some critics also say healthy lunch choices would work wonders (is ketchup really a vegetable?).
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will. For your convenience, there is a giveaway linky below the hop linky
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
Thanks for joining us!