I just read this article about restaurants banning kids because they were crying. Apparently, people complained that it disturbed their dining.
This takes me back a bunch of years when we were in Florida at a Denny’s (or something similar) with my parents and my brother and his kids. There were a total of 5 kids and 6 adults. Kids were being kids, doing kid stuff, nothing unusual or ultra loud for a large table, and a waiter came over and asked us to keep it down or leave because a couple who just sat down complained. hhmmm…..
First of all…this waiter is ticking off a table of 11 on behalf of a table of 2 (who were just seated). Dumb move $$.
Then, on behalf of a national chain, which provides coloring books, a kiddie menu etc, he is attempting to kick out families.
And, there were plenty of tables for two located on the other side of the restaurant for the happy couple to move to.
While I am now (since my kids are grown) less tolerant of screaming out of control kids running around TJMaxx, I would NEVER complain to staff and insist they do something about it. If there were rowdy kids that were so poorly behaved in a restaurant I’d either ask for a new table or get out of there.
Aloha people, what are your feelings on kids in restaurants/public places?
Has this ever happened to you (been asked to leave?)?
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will. For your convenience, there is a giveaway linky below the hop linky
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
***TIP: Blogger Users- The changes to the blogger word verification has made it difficult for others to post comments. Turn off your word verification and you’ll most likely get more comments! ***
Thanks for joining us!
Did you know that we now have a Thursday Hop?
Thursday Comment Club is a great new way to network and get new comments.
There is nobody to have to follow. It’s all about commenting.
Please join us next week!