The latest controversy it seems is this Time magazine cover.
Mom is 26 son is 3 1/2
Mom says that she was breast fed until she was 6 years old.
The article related to the picture focuses on the 20th anniversary of a book about “attachment parenting”. The theory is that the more time you can spend as close as possible with your kids, the better. Having a strong attachment with parents, according to researchers, can make a more settled adult.
I’m all for breast feeding and I’m all for spending time with my children…while they were growing up. I breast fed until they gave it up (1 & 2 years) and I gave up my career to spend time with them at home. I love my children but, they are now adults and feel absolutely no pressure to move out. I’m not complaining- it’s affordable and it’s giving them a chance. I’m just wondering if I had breast fed until they turned 6, would they even leave the house as adults (get a job….go to college…)? Don’t know.
Aloha and other friends- can there be too much “attachment parenting”?
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will.
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
• Thursday Comment Club has been merged to Friday and Tuesday Friend and Follow. Feel free to list “comment” on your entry (as long as it is NOT for a giveaway of course)
***TIP: Blogger Users- The changes to the blogger word verification has made it difficult for others to post comments. Turn off your word verification and you’ll most likely get more comments! ***
Thanks for joining us!