More about Facebook addiction….
We all know someone (or maybe are someone?) who spends what we would define as ‘way too much time’ on facebook.
Researchers call it an addiction and say that now there is a test to see if you are one of the addicted.
The test, called the Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale, is based on six basic criteria, where all items are scored on the following scale: (1) Very rarely (2) Rarely (3) Sometimes (4) Often and (5) Very often. The signs are:
• You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook.
• You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more.
• You use Facebook to forget about personal problems.
• You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success.
• You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook.
• You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies.
Aloha friends, taking the addiction scale ‘test’, how do you rate?
Me, Facebook is so 5 years ago for me.
I’m rarely on there other than to promote something. I don’t understand people who think the whole world is on Facebook and thus, will only communicate with you via Facebook. What a pain. I never check those messages. I just value my time too much to potty it away on Facebook. Luckily, there are a lot of ways to not have to be on Facebook to promote stuff.
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will.
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
• Thursday Comment Club has been merged to Friday and Tuesday Friend and Follow. Feel free to list “comment” on your entry (as long as it is NOT for a giveaway of course)
***TIP: Blogger Users- The changes to the blogger word verification has made it difficult for others to post comments. Turn off your word verification and you’ll most likely get more comments! ***
Thanks for joining us!