13 things I did in NYC last week.
1. Took the subway to ground zero. I haven’t been there since they were about to start re-building.
2. Walked around China Town. It was 87 degrees and humid. I felt very tall, which made up for the sweatfest.
3. Got a pickle from the pickleguys, It was amazing.
4.Shopped at Tiffany’s. It still looks just like it did in the movie. I was quickly referred upstairs to the middle-class tourist floor.
5. Walked over to Macy’s in Herald Square from Tiffany’s.
6. Walked back to my hotel. After completing that 12 mile walk in that one day, while suffering in pain from the aching blister I got from wearing my Birkenstocks, I needed something fast. Out of desperation, I was forced to purchase 2 bottles of beer from the hotel lounge (one for me and one for daughter). With tip, the cost was $27. It was kind of worth it.
7. Attended Blogher, met people I deal with on a daily basis, and got too much ‘crap’ to attempt to bring home.
8. Surprisingly enjoyed NY style pizza….total trouble for a native Chicagoan.
9. Trudged through Times Square to buy t-shirts etc after weighing my suitcase and finding that it weighed only 45 pounds. Woohoo! 5 pounds of free space left.
10. Took a couple of spectacular walks through Central Park.
11. Met some really nice NY people here and there who were very helpful.
Got Stuck on the tarmac at laguardia airport for 2 1/2 hours. The first 45 minutes was due to mechanical issues, the rest due to weather.
13. Missed my plane back to Hooterville due to the delay at laguardia. Talked hubby into driving to pick me up. I now have to deal with AA in an attempt to get some kind of a refund.