13 Artists who Asked Candidates to NOT use their music.
1. “Born in the USA” was banned by the Boss for use by Ronald Reagan.
2. Tom Petty said no way for Michelle Bachmann’s use of “American Girl”
3. Silverson Pickups said no way to Mr Romney using “Panic Switch”
4. Rage Against the Machine said no way to Paul Ryan
5. Jackson Browne said no way to John McCain
6. Then McCain got denied by the Foo Fighters
7. Of course Sarah Palin got no-no’d by Heart
8. Bobby McFerrin told Bush #1 that he could no longer “not worry and be happy”
9. Poor John McCain, he also got denied by John Mellencamp
10 Sting told George W Bush to not use “Brand New Day”
11. Then W got denied by Tom Petty for using “I won’t back down” which eventually made him back down from using it.
12. Sam Moore denied the POTUS from using “Hold On! I’m Coming”
(no, I did not make this up)
13. And lastly, a couple of weeks ago, Dee Snider of Twisted Sister told Mr Ryan “I emphatically denounce Paul Ryan’s use of my band Twisted Sister’s song, ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It,'” adding something like the only thing they have in common is p90X.