HealthFinder.gov just posted tips about dealing with stress.
Not all stress is bad. Stress can help protect you in a dangerous situation. But preventing and managing chronic (ongoing) stress can help lower your risk for serious health problems like heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and depression.
You can prevent or reduce stress by:
Deciding which tasks need to be done first
Preparing for stressful events
Some stress is hard to avoid. You can find ways to manage stress by:
Noticing when you feel stressed
Taking time to relax
Getting active and eating healthy
Talking to friends and family
What are the signs of stress?
When people are under stress, they may feel:
Unable to focus
Stress also affects the body. Physical signs of stress include:
Weight gain or loss
Frequent or more serious colds
Can you relate to these information?
How do you handle stress?
I’ve become pretty good at preventing stress by doing yoga/fitness etc. and by learning how to pick and choose what I’m going to let get to me. While it’s not all perfect, I have found that knowing what battles are really mine to join and what I really can’t do anything about (kind of like the Serenity thing) I have learned how to reduce the stress in my life.
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will.
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
• Feel free to list “comment” on your entry (as long as it is NOT for a giveaway of course)
• NEW- Would you be interested in a Blog Frog community hop? Leave me a comment letting me know!
***TIP: Blogger Users- The changes to the blogger word verification has made it difficult for others to post comments. Turn off your word verification and you’ll most likely get more comments! ***
Thanks for joining us!