I just read a story about how to raise a grateful child.
The highlights of the story go something like this.
- Children as old as 18 months can be taught to say “please” and “thank you,” but appreciation takes longer
- Don’t shame your child into asking for less gifts: teach him or her that gifts are thoughtful gestures
- Children might not get the gifts they want — focus on the positive and give your child a thank you cheat sheet
I’m just wondering what happens when you skip on of these suggestions. Aren’t most kids grateful at sometime for something? Or, are there kids that have been too spoiled to know the difference?
Did you score any deals over the big holiday shopping weekend?
I heard one ‘expert’ on TV who said the best deals will be sometime in Mid December after everyone who went nuts this weekend gets the bills in the mail and holds back on buying more stuff.
I must say that Kohl’s was my place of happiness online this past weekend. Gotta love the cash!
Welcome to Tuesday Friend and Follow!- the fun hop to boost your friends, followers, and blog.
Tuesday Friend and Follow
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter, Mel-Comments, Posh-Alexa.
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will.
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
Thank you do everyone who joins us every week! If you would like to add anything or make suggestions, please leave a comment.
Friday Friend and Follow will post early on Thursday and will last the entire weekend in case you have some down-time and want to do some hopping!
Have a great Thanksgiving or whatever….
Thanks for joining us!
Feel free to snag the code…