Holy cow- 43% of newly licensed RNs still do not have jobs within 18 months after graduation, according to a survey conducted by the American Society of Registered Nurses.
Who is to blame?
About 90% of nurses are women, 60% are married, and roughly a quarter are over 50 years old. The article I read this in said that it’s typical for many nurses to take time off to raise children in their 30s, and given the long days spent working on their feet, many often retire in their late 50s.
Prior to the recession, about 73,000 nurses left the profession each year due to childbearing, retirement, burning out or death.
But when the recession hit, spouses lost jobs, 401(k)s lost money, and facing financial uncertainty, fewer nurses chose to leave work.
I quit nursing to raise my kids. The hours that a nurse has to work really are not the best when it comes to raising kids. It’s hard work and long hours. Not much has changed despite all of the talk.
Welcome to Tuesday Friend and Follow!- the fun hop to boost your friends, followers, and blog.
Tuesday Friend and Follow
How it Works
• On the linky below, enter your name and what you are linking to. For example, Posh-GFC, Mel-Twitter, Mel-Comments, Posh-Alexa.
• If you have more than one page to link to, go ahead and post them all separately.
• Linking to a giveaway post specifically is viewed as spam, and as such, will be deleted just as spam will.
• Under 100 GFC Followers? Under 200 Twitter? Under 200 Facebook Page likes? Under 50 in your circle? Please add “low” next to your name so we know to help you out!
• YES, you can link to your hop. You may want to add “linky” next to it.
• Make a goal to visit 5 others, like/friend them, and then leave a comment telling them hello.
•Looking for a little more Friday action?
Check us out for Aloha Friday- a popular Friday hop where you ask a question on your site and your visitors answer it. FUN!
Thank you do everyone who joins us every week! If you would like to add anything or make suggestions, please leave a comment.
Thanks for joining us!
Feel free to snag the code…