Saturday 9: Twist and Shout
1) In the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Ferris climbs up on a parade float and enthusiastically lip synchs this song, encouraging the entire crowd to join in. Do you know the lyrics of “Twist and Shout” well enough to sing along? (Watch the impossibly young Matthew Broderick as Ferris here.)
I wonder how many people are going to post either an image or a YouTube video of that scene. I just know the Ferris parts- since nothing else matters.
2) What other Beatles’ song do you know all the words to?
There are a few- mostly from the White Album or after Ono.
3) 49 years after their American debut, The Beatles are acknowledged as having a lasting impact on both music and culture. What performers on today’s music scene do you think will be remembered 50 years from now?
I have no idea since I am seriously not into any music from this century.
4) Paul McCartney is an enthusiastic advocate of the vegetarian lifestyle. Could you/have you tried to “go veggie?”
I’ve actually quit eating beef and chicken this year. There is just too much stuff posted on Facebook. I do enjoy fish. Do they even have brains?
5) As a young boy, Ringo Starr suffered a severe attack of appendicitis and almost died. Do you still have your appendix? What about your tonsils?
I’m fine…still intact…what’s working these days anyhoo
6) John Lennon sketched and doodled when he was bored or nervous. Do you have any nervous habits?
I grind my teeth. I have to sleep with gum in my mouth to combat it. Gum actually helps curb the grinding.
7) George Harrison loved Hawaii so much he bought a 63-acre estate in Maui. Have you ever visited our 50th state?
What ever happened to Thom anyway?
I would love to visit.
8) Yoko Ono was a polarizing character in the Beatles’ saga. Has any of your friends ever dated/married someone you just could not stand?
9) Paul has had dogs his entire adult life, including a sheepdog, Martha, and a black lab, Jet. John was especially fond of a cat named Elvis and a tomcat he found in the snow and named Tim. Tell us about one of your pets.