Saturday 9: Greased Lightnin’
1) Greased Lightnin’ was the name of a car. Have you ever given your car a name?
Only when it breaks down…
2) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash this weekend?
3) This song is from the soundtrack of the movie Grease, the biggest money-making movie musical of all time. Have you ever seen it?
The soundtrack or the movie? Yes I guess.
4) John Travolta’s astrological sign is Aquarius. What’s yours?
5) In addition to being John Travolta’s birthplace, Englewood, New Jersey, played a significant role in telecommunications history. In 1951, Englewood’s mayor made the first-ever direct dial long-distance call in the United States. Now it’s your turn. Tell us something about your birthplace.
Ernest Hemmingway was born there- way before I was of course
6) Travolta is an excellent dancer. How are you on the dance floor?
Have not danced in megayears
7) Grease is an upbeat musical about the students of Rydell High. Another Travolta movie is Carrie, which features the worst prom night imaginable. Grease or Carrie — which is closer to your high school experience?
The original Carrie as far as time and date. I don’t remember anyone getting nailed with blood from an animal.
8) What was your best subject in high school? What was your worst?
I liked art a lot. Worst? Probably math
9) Sam made good use of the bus ride to school, using that time to complete her homework. What do you remember about getting to or from school?
Junior high when it got cold and we walked to school wearing those stupid painters pants that everyone wore then. My legs would be redder from red from the cold weather.I’m so grateful for polar fleece and transportation. I’m so glad this week is done….