Saturday 9: Battle Hymn of the Republic
Memorial Day was introduced to honor the men and women who died while serving the in the United States Armed Forces. We want to make sure that message is not forgotten this weekend.
1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy’s funeral. While both of Bobby’s older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too — enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
My dad was a WWII Vet
2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What’s your favorite picnic food?
3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
Unfortunately, I am reminded of males and thus, the scent ain’t pretty enough to mention….
4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed?
Few weeks ago
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin’. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee?
ha ha- good one- love the creativity.
Not a coffee drinker
6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer?
Replace my fence with a taller one because my daughter wants to bring home yet another canine
7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment?
I’m sure it was something on groupon- I lose track
8) When was the last time you rode a bike?
I think Mr Lincoln was in the White house
9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you’d like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
I think “Sam” does a spectacular job. I’m sure a Cubs theme or baseball would be suitable for such a worthy task