Saturday 9: Dedicated to the One I Love
Thanks to Diana for recommending the Mamas and the Papas. (You can listen to the song here.)
1) The lyrics include the line, “Love can never be exactly what we what it to be.” Are you happy with your love life?
Considering I’ve been with the same person for like ever, I guess so
2) Another lyric is, “Each night before you go to bed, whisper a little prayer for me.” Do you say your prayers?
Not every night
3) Mama Michelle and Papa John were married in real life. It didn’t end well — not for the couple and not for the band. Do you believe you could work successfully with a romantic partner?
I spend enough time as is with that person. Everyone needs their space.
4) After the band broke up, Michelle tried her hand at acting and eventually became a regular on the nighttime soap, Knott’s Landing. Of course, she could live off of her music royalties while she learned her new craft. If money was no object, what career would like to try?
If I were on a deserted island maybe
5) There is a famous rumor — completely false — that Mama Cass died while eating a ham sandwich. Can you think of another urban legend?
What kind of sandwich was it then?
Elvis is alive and well.
6) In the 1960s, every high school girl wanted to wear her hair like Michelle and Cass — long and straight. Can you recall a fashion trend from your school days?
concert t-shirts were big then. Of course, people could afford them since the concerts were about $10
7) With the Fourth of July falling on Thursday, are you able to enjoy a looooong four-day holiday weekend?
I have yet to decide this.
8) Many communities have parades to celebrate Independence Day. Have you ever ridden on a float or marched in a parade?
When my kids were in marching band and I was the nurse. My job was to walk behind the kids in case anyone got sick- which happened a few times. Mostly all I really did was pick up drumsticks and mouthpieces that kids dropped.
9) In honor of the Fourth of July, name your favorite Founding Father.
Not sure I have one