Saturday 9: Come Monday
Thanks to AuntieM4Cabs for recommending the Buffett theme
1) What will you be doing come Monday (Labor Day)?
I have some chairs I am planning to paint and I need to steam clean my family room ala puppy.
2) This song is about a performer who is “heading up to San Francisco for the Labor Day weekend show.” When you think of San Francisco, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?
Rice A Roni
3) As he sings, Buffett tells us he’s wearing Hush Puppies casual shoes. What’s on your feet as you answer these nine questions?
Ugg Flip Flops and a puppy neck. My feet are warm
4) So many Jimmy Buffett songs take place on or around the water. When was the last time you were on a boat?
I cannot even remember….
5) Everyone knows Jimmy Buffett can write music, but he also has more than half a dozen books to his credit. What’s the last book you read?
I’m reading like three books right now- ha ha. I ordered a bunch from Taste of Home
6) Jimmy’s persona is that of a simple beach bum, but in reality he’s a conglomerate, with his own beverage company, more than a dozen restaurants and a couple hotels. He’s so successful he has several homes, including a luxury mansion in the Hamptons! If you, like Buffett, could just take off and spend Labor Day weekend anywhere, where would you go? Who would you take along?
Probably some Island where there are tropical drinks and where my dogs can run along the beach while I search for cocoanuts.
7) This weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?
8) Labor Day was introduced to celebrate the achievements of the American worker. Yet this Recession has taken its toll on many of us laborers. Sam’s brother, a movie projectionist, hasn’t worked full-time in his chosen profession in more than a year. Is anyone close to you struggling with unemployment or underemployment? (If so, they are in our thoughts this weekend, too.)
Freeloaders somewhat by choice….
9) Onto something happier … Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the new school year. When she was a kid, Samantha was crazy for her brand new box of 96 Crayola Crayons. It even had a sharpener in the back! What do you remember about preparing to go back to school? If you’re a parent with school-age kids, are they ready?
They started last week. Preparation is their problem at this point in their lives.
I do remember all of the ‘popular’ girls in hs., having to go full frontal on fashion, wearing their new sweaters to school on 90 degree days in September. ha ha ha