Saturday 9: Seattle
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1) Let’s get the obvious out of the way: Have you ever been to Seattle?
2) Businessweek named Seattle one of the best places to live, citing its clean air, low crime and high employment. What makes your current hometown a great place to live?
We have clean air- one of the best cities for clean air according to the lung association.
On the downside, we have clean air because my city sucks at attracting businesses here, the kind that pollute and increase the jobs outlook. so it’s a toss, I have clean air but, I pay high taxes and live in a boring town.
3) In this song, Bobby brags about how green Seattle is. Is it still green where you are? Or are the trees beginning to show their fall colors?
We are attempting to get out of a drought funk.
No colors yet but, in a few weeks it’ll happen
4) This song was the theme of a 1968-1970 show called Here Come the Brides. Do you know the words to any other TV theme?
5) Bobby Sherman was once America’s #1 teen idol, selling millions of records and earning 5 Gold Albums. Girls who wrote to his fan club received a postcard back signed, “Peace, Love & Bobby Sherman.” Have you ever belonged to a fan club?
ha ha ha- Gal chose Bobby this week. That’s why we love her 🙂
Actually, I belonged to Bobby’s.
6) Alas, the career of a teen idol can be short, and by fall 1970, Bobby was replaced on magazine covers by David Cassidy. Sherman went on to a second career with the LAPD, instructing officers in CPR and first aid. Do you know how perform CPR? The Heimlich Maneuver?
I’m an RN so yes, I guess I could be called upon if needed.
7) The “disc” you see shown is actually made of cardboard and was printed on the back of a Post Alpha-Bits cereal box. It was one of four that Post printed on different cereals back in 1970 so that Bobby-loving little girls would have to go through lots of different cereals to collect the whole set. What’s your favorite breakfast cereal?
Holy crap. Do you remember that? ha ha ha …too funny.
The closest I get to cereal is oatmeal in my lunch shakes.
8) Crazy Sam can’t decide if she wants berries or banana slices with her cereal. Which would be your choice?
Crap. I just throw everything into a blender and call it a healthy lunch.
9) Do you ever eat cereal straight out of the box? Drink milk directly from the carton?
as a kid of course…