Saturday 9: Band on the Run
1) This song is about a band of musicians that escapes on an adventure. Do you consider yourself spontaneous and adventurous?
I consider myself stuck inside these four walls with a forever sentence
2) Paul McCartney and Wings traveled all the way to Lagos, Nigeria, to record Band on the Run. That’s a long, long way from London. What’s the farthest from home you’ve ever been?
3) Wings featured Linda McCartney on keyboards. Paul said that when Linda died, after almost 30 years together, he lost the love of his life. Who is the love of your life? Or have you yet to meet him/her?
Every time a canine, or spectacular sale on handbags, find me, I have found the love of my life.
4) Paul has said he’s very proud of Band on the Run, his most successful post-Beatles album. Brag a little. Tell us something you’re proud of.
Totally. This blog.
5) Paul’s birth certificate reads “James Paul McCartney.” He’s named for his father, Jim. Are you named after anyone?
nope. And to this day, I am in a quandary over it
6) Paul enjoys oil painting in his spare time. What’s one of your hobbies?
7) 20 Forthlin Road, Paul McCartney’s boyhood home, has been turned into a museum by the British government. It’s a modest 2 bedroom cottage, with a drainpipe that Paul used to climb to sneak in after curfew. How would you describe your childhood home?
8) Paul is 5’11″. How tall are you?
9) Actor Christopher Lee is on the album cover. He played Dracula in a series of movies in the 1950s and 1960s. Who is your favorite vampire?