Saturday 9: Dominos
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Listen to it here.
1) Have you ever carefully set up dominos and then watched them fall? Or built a house out of playing cards?
Coasters while waiting for food at restaurants…
2) In this week’s song, Big Pink lead vocalist Robbie Furze sings, “The hottest love has the coldest end.” Have you ever had a relationship that started out so promisingly and passionately but then quickly flamed out?
Like NaBloPoMo? I blogged for three days. Just not enough time….
3) This is from Big Pink’s CD, A Brief History of Love. What about your personal history of love? How many times would say you have truly been in love?
If you count dogs and chocolate…maybe 10 times.
4) Nicki Minaj sampled this song for her own, “Girls Fall Like Dominos.” Nicki won’t be back on American Idol this season. Is your reaction a) delight or b) sadness or c) a yawn.
I could give a flying fart. All I know is that there was a lot of controversy among the princesses.
5) While nationally the news centers on foreign policy and the economy, Sam’s hometown is abuzz over the new Asian-fusion restaurant on Main Street and whether it can get a liquor license. What’s the big local story where you are?
They found a women’s body and have identified her and three t’wats who were purse-snatched at 1 in the morning while walking alone. Duh.
6) Mary Jane Kelley is believed to be the fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper. OK, now it’s your turn. Share a random fact that’s rattling around in your brain.
Well, it’s political in nature and I don’t want to get the haters all in a roar. How about if I just mention that it is indeed 5:00 here right now.
7) Crazy Sam cursed last night when she dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot. (Hey! It really hurt!) When was the last time you swore?
Damn…Sam…that does hurt. A few weeks ago I dropped a bag of dog bones on my foot. It pained me for a few moments (you know that sudden urge to blow your bladder?). The next day my toe was huge and purple-even though it wasn’t in a ton of pain.
8) Sam has a grocery bag filled with hoodies and t-shirts she no longer wants and plans to take them to The Salvation Army store. What do you do with your gently used clothes? Toss them or donate them or hand them down to a friend or relative?
Depends. If I do not donate them, I run in the old stuff and have to force myself to part with them after they are no longer useable.
9) Do you blush easily?
Thanks to Lancome maybe