Saturday 9: Twilight Zone
Unfamiliar with this week’s featured song? Hear it here.
1) This is one of the first songs to see a bump in sales after its video was shown on MTV. Do you ever watch music videos?
Only if I am passing through stations and a good one pops up on a channel- usually VHS Classic Rock
2) Golden Earring is from the Netherlands. The average life expectancy there is 79 years old. Who is the oldest person you know?
3) The song’s composer says the song and especially the video were inspired by the 1980 book, The Bourne Identity. The espionage thriller was finally made into a movie with Matt Damon in 2002. Do you have a favorite secret agent/spy?
Wish I could say the NSA….
4) The song’s title comes from The Twilight Zone TV show, which ran from 1959 to 1964. Are there any old shows that you enjoy watching in reruns?
Keeping up Appearances- it’s all over Netflix thank goodness
5) “All guys cheat on their girlfriends, so yeah, I forgive him.” Sam heard a young woman say that into her phone as they waited in line at the drugstore. While Sam is always surprised by how much personal information people share in the public, that’s not what we’re concentrating on this morning. Do you think that it’s true? Do all guys cheat on their girlfriends?
No. Only insecure loser chicks who look for db’s like those guys.
6) Whenever Sam goes to the grocery store she picks up Snausages because her dog looks at her with sad eyes when she tries to reward him anything else. What product has your brand loyalty?
I thought Sam was a cat person?
7) Do you have a piggy bank or a coin jar?
Yes. When my daughter and I go on our summer vaca we break it open for mad shopping
8) Sam knows that she’s always supposed to wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days, but she sometimes forgets. What do you know you should do, but sometimes don’t?
I have sunscreen in just about anything I put on my face so I don’t have to go through that.
9) Retailers report that sales of Halloween costumes for grown-ups are strong. Since Halloween was earlier this week and there will be parties this weekend … What’s your costume for Halloween 2013? If you aren’t dressing up this year, tell us about one of your favorite outfits from a Halloween gone by.