Saturday 9: Back to Black
1) Black is this week’s signature color because Friday, November 29, was “Black Friday,” when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any “Black Friday” bargains?
2) Legend has it that Black Friday began as a neighborhood phenomenon among storeowners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. What else comes to mind when you think of Philly?
Pretzels with mustard on them —yum
3) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?
4) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam’s homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she’s so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) Do you have a signature dish?
Cheesecake… low carb and regular
5) Among the biggest the Black Friday advertisers are Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s and Best Buy. If you could have a $100 gift card to any one of those stores, which would you choose?
Crap. Kohl’s easy. they’ve got 15% off and cash going on right now. Target- not as good. Macy’s- I actually was sponsored $100 a few weeks ago to do this from my other site and the thing I got was junk (Macy’s is fine with me in general). Best Buy has issues having a secure shopping online site.
6) You’re in a public restroom that offers both paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which one do you choose?
Those new fangled dryers are fun
7) While Back to Black is the best-selling Amy Winehouse CD, her first was called Frank, named for her hero, Frank Sinatra. Tell us about someone you inspires you.
Santa Claus. He’s ubiquitous and can eat whatever he wants to eat with no worries.
8) Do you consider yourself a pessimist or an optimist?
9) Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone (a verbal conversation — not an exchange of texts)?
I activated a credit card.