Saturday 9: Potential New Boyfriend
Unfamiliar with this week’s featured song? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Dolly Parton locks eyes with a definite maybe. What’s the first thing that attracts you to a potential new boyfriend or girlfriend? If you’re currently in a relationship, what first attracted you to your partner?
We were at a bar. You figure it out.
2) When Dolly was still a very young girl, she met Johnny Cash, who told her to follow her instincts and pursue a music career. Obviously this worked out very well for her. What’s the best advice you ever received?
Listen to your mother. Amen.
3) Dolly enjoys telling interviewers how she met her husband at the Wishy-Washy Laundromat in Nashville. Do you have a load of dirty clothes, or some other household chore, waiting for you after you finish this week’s Saturday 9?
4) Dolly’s Imagination Library is a charity devoted to children’s literacy. What book did you enjoy as a kid? Or, if you’re a parent, what book did you enjoy sharing with your own children?
‘No more monkey’s jumping on the bed’ was popular
5) Dolly’s theme park, Dollywood, is a very popular vacation destination. When you have time off, would you rather travel or have friends/relatives visit you?
Are you on crack??? Do you know my relatives???
6) Dolly is godmother to Miley Cyrus. If you could advise Miley, what would you say?
fade into the sunset babe.
7) Dolly has earned a reputation for being very warm and friendly to the public. Have you ever had a celebrity encounter?
yes. For I myself am somewhat of a celebrity.
8) As you can see by the photo, this song was originally released on vinyl. Do you still have any old-school LPs or 45s?
Honey, I even have some 78’s in my soiree.
9) Sam simply cannot stand Dish TV’s Hopper commercial, where hysterical grown men hide under the bed and up in a tree house because they’re afraid of … something. What commercial just bugs the beejeesus out of you?
ANYTHING!!!! That has to do with the male anatomy in dysfunction of any kind. This crap runs all day long on TV……