Saturday 9: Stand by Me
1) “Stand by Me” is one of the songs John Lennon did at his last public performance back in 1975. First recorded by Ben E. King, “Stand by Me” was also covered by Mickey Gilley and Otis Redding, among others. Can you think of another song that has been recorded and then re-recorded by someone else?
Didn’t Guns and Roses have like an entire album of that? It rocked too
2) The lyrics say, “Whenever you’re in trouble, you can stand by me.” Tell us about someone you know you can count on.
3) While “Stand by Me” was solo Lennon, John is best known as one of the Beatles. Which group do you listen to more often — The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
I’ve listened to the Beatles more and have more of their albums
4) Lennon liked to tell how, when he and Paul McCartney were teens, Paul’s father used to discourage friendship between the boys. Paul ignored his dad’s advice and the result is the most successful songwriting partnership of the 20th century. Tell us about a piece of advice you’re glad you ignored.
Not to buy that VHS vcr ha ha
5) John loved cats. When he was a teenager, he first met his favorite, a stray he named Tich, in the snow and gave the cat a safe, lifelong home. John was very proud that Tich lived to be 20 years old. Tell us about a pet who has a place in your heart.
All pets have a place in my heart indeed
6) John unsuccessfully tried hypnosis in his quest to stop smoking. Have you ever been hypnotized?
Only by the road when driving at night
7) John has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. What Hall of Fame would like to see yourself in?
Lame meme players hall of fame
8) John had a passion for slot cars and raced them on an elaborate track in his game room. What games or toys do you still enjoy?
9) John wrote about his jealous streak. What personality trait of yours do you wish you could change?
grazing all day long….I’m like a cow sometimes