The first question that probably comes to your mind is whether apples are okay for dogs to eat.
The answer is yes. As a matter of fact, apples are known to help dogs keep their teeth clean. My younger two dogs look forward to our sliced apple snack every day. They are partial for the Granny Smith variety.
- 2 Cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup of oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of warm bullion broth
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 apple chopped into bite size pieces- we prefer Granny Smith
- Preheat your oven for 350º and prep your pans for nonstick
- In a bowl, combine your flour, oats, and egg.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of broth stirring as you go.
- Add your honey and continue to stir. If your batter seems a bit dry, add more of the broth a tablespoon at a time.
- Mix together slightly without forming a ball.
- Fold in your apples.
- Roll your cookies into one inch balls and place on sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until hard.
- Allow to cool before serving.
These cookies are not made with preservatives. They will last for less than a week not refrigerator.