And now for some weekend fun…
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Why Don’t We Get Drunk?
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1)This week’s song was once named the favorite love song of Bud Wiser, the godfather to this humble blog. With Valentine’s Day coming up, what’s your favorite love song?
The first one to come to mind…”Silly Love Songs”. It’s Beatles’s Weekend after all.
2) When this song was first released back in 1973, the “Why don’t we get drunk and screw?” refrain was considered shocking. With the explicit sexual content in many of today’s songs, it now hardly raises an eyebrow. When is the last time you were shocked? (Not just by a song, by anything at all.)
When my 9 week old puppy got ‘inappropriate’ with my 8 year old female schnauzer.
3) Buffett named his first daughter Savannah, presumably after his favorite city. Tell us about your favorite city.
Depends on my mood. I’m hoping San Jose will work for me this summer.
4) Mr. Buffett opened a Margaritaville Casino in Atlantic City. Have you ever gambled in Atlantic City? What about Las Vegas?
Vegas is on my list….
5) Saving Florida’s manatees is a cause near and dear to Jimmy Buffett’s heart. If we were to make a $100 contribution to any charity in your honor, which would you choose?
Before 911, when you could do this, we use to venture out to an electric facility in Florida to watch the manatees. They’d hang out there in the winter because the water was warm.
The charity thing, there are a few that I’d think about. I already give.
6) If today was your birthday, your astrological sign would be Aquarius. How often do you check your horoscope?
Yearly on my birthday
7) On this date in 1974, the show Good Times (“Dy-no-mite!”) premiered and, much to Sam’s confusion and chagrin, still enjoys an audience in syndication. Tell us about a pop culture phenomenon that you just never got into.
That show was on cable the other day when I was flipping through the channels.
There are a few shows today I can’t seem to get into- Walking Dead, Mad Men etc. I do keep trying. Orange is the new Black is pretty good.
8) Is there a home improvement project on your list of things to do?
You have no idea honey but, I’m tired of being the only one doing this stuff.
9) A warm-weather choice to consider on a February day: Ice cream sundae or banana split?
soft serve? I’m in it for soft serve.
So, if you haven’t noticed, I’ve made a few changes around here. It seems like after I started my other site, I was only posting around here for memes, which got fewer and fewer, Have you noticed fewer memes are happening these days? I have. I was in a quandary of what to do with this site as I was not ready to abandon it. So, I thought I would give pets a go for it.
Are you a pet person?
Thanks for the visit