This year for Valentine’s Day I made my pack of four Wheat Germ and Peanut Butter Dog Cookies.
Wheat Germ and Peanut Butter Dog Cookies
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour + 3/4 cup of white flour
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ
- 1 cup of broth- can be chicken or beef
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 300º and prep your pans for no stick
- In a large bowl, combine your flour and wheat germ
- Add your egg and then your peanut butter and continue to stir together.
- Add 1/3 cup of your broth and mix.
- Add the rest of your broth a tablespoon at a time until your mixture is well mixed yet, a bit dry. Chances are that you will not use the entire cup of broth. You want a doe that is easy to work with yet, not too moist.
- If you are going to use a cookie cutter, roll out your dough about 1/4- 1/3″ thick. Otherwise, shape your cookies by hand.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until hard with a bit of brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.