Check this out…
“Image description: At the Smithsonian’s National Zoo, March came in like a lion — four lions, to be exact — 9-year-old African lion Shera gave birth to a litter at the Great Cats exhibit.
Their delivery March 2 spanned a seven-hour period, from 8:27 a.m. to 3:17 p.m. These cubs are the second litter for Shera and the fifth for 8-year-old father, Luke. Recently, Luke also sired 10-year-old Nababiep’s two female cubs born Jan. 24.
Photo from Smithsonian’s National Zoo.”
Saturday 9: Theme from Peyton Place (“Wonderful Season of Love”)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1) Spring, summer, fall or winter: which season do you consider most wonderful?
anything BUT cold/snow/ice
2) Crazy Sam learned this song when she played flute in the high school orchestra. Did you participate in many after-school activities?
no- just theater kind of stuff and paper- if they still even have that
3) The flautist next to her in the orchestra was Jeanne Pepitone. After a little Facebook spying, Sam learned that Jeanne is now Jeanne Moran, a nurse with a husband and a daughter. Sam shot her a “friend request.” Do you keep up with your high school classmates?
Wait- like Joe Pepitone? cool!
and no…I’ve moved on in so many ways
4) When she performed with the school orchestra, Sam was required to wear gray slacks and a black sweater. What are you wearing right now, as you answer these questions?
yoga leggings, tank, sweatshirt and the other needed items
5) Sam was especially dedicated to the school orchestra because she had a crush on Mr. Hanley, the school’s musical director. He was the dark/thin/sensitive type. Tell us about a teacher you remember, and why he or she stands out.
My journalism teacher didn’t make it to school one one Monday because she was out doing her thing on a Saturday night, ran a stop light and was killed. Dust in the Wind was #1 at the time.
6) Because Sam was so crazy about Mr. Hanley, she was desperate to attend his band camp. Her parents wouldn’t allow it unless she could pay her own way, and so she didn’t get to go. Were your parents strict or permissive? If you have children yourself, what’s your parenting style?
I was #4…they just wanted to move me on…
If I were strict, I probably would not have freeloaders
7) Sam liked Fridays because her favorite food, fried rice, was served in the school cafeteria. When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
8) When Sam was a little girl, a new box of Crayolas could get her pulse racing. Now she loves her Sharpies. Do you enjoy shopping for school/office supplies?
I just bought a cool selection of Sharpies at Walmart yesterday.
9) Do you have any plush toys? Or did you give them all up when you left childhood?
I’ve got the real thing baby