CNN says that couples spent an average of $30,000 on their wedding last year — a record high.
Wedding budgets have grown for the past two years, with newlyweds (or their families) shelling out an average of $29,858 for the big day in 2013, up 5% from the previous year, according to a survey of 13,000 brides and grooms by wedding website TheKnot.com.
The wedding venue and catering cost an average of $13,385 in 2013,
Engagement rings an average of $5,598
Reception bands $3,469
Flowers and other decor $2,069
Wedding photos ($2,440).
“If you live in a big city you can expect weddings to cost more,” said TheKnot site director Anja Winikka.
Couples who got hitched in Manhattan spent the most, at an average of nearly $87,000, up $10,000 from the year before. Meanwhile, newlyweds in Utah and Idaho spent the least, with average spending in both states falling below $17,000.
I’ve already talked my daughter into Vegas 🙂
Saturday 9: Too Close (2011)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a friendship that turned romantic … and it doesn’t end happily. Have you ever crossed that line with a friend? If so, how did it work out?
No although, I’ve had some people attempt it with me. you know what Billy Crystal says…
2) When he was a kid, this week’s singer, Alex Clare, listened to his dad’s Stevie Wonder records. When you were in 7th/8th grades, what music were you into?
Grand Funk Railroad and Venus and Mars are all that I can remember
3) “Too Close” has been featured on the TV show, The Vampire Diaries. Do you enjoy shows/books/movies about the supernatural?
Not at all
4) Some of Alex Clare’s tour dates were sponsored by Bud Light. Do you like beer?
Can take it or leave it
5) Mr. Clare trained to be a chef, just in case the music thing didn’t work out. Are you a good cook?
I try to be
)6 Crazy Sam is forever running out of mayo because she slathers it on her sandwiches. What is currently on your grocery list?
Not mayo..I always buy kale/spinach mix and Greek Yogurt along with fruits and veggies of the season. Plus, junk for the others
7) Where are you most likely to find spare change — between the sofa cushions, in your jeans as you toss them into the washer, or under the floor mat of your car?
In the washer and dryer- holla!
8) How did you spend your Friday night — working late, hanging out with friends, or just enjoying a quiet night at home?
I bake and enjoy the 5pm holiday.