I make cookies for by pack it seems on a weekly basis. I like to experiment with the recipe which means that there is something new every week.
My pack is so appreciative which makes it even more worth the effort.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal and Cornmeal Dog Cookies
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of corn meal
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of broth or water
- Optional- 1/4 cup of bacon bits (I’m a push-over sometimes)
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prep your pans for nonstick
- In a medium bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (flour,oats,meal)
- Add your egg and then your peanut butter then stir together.
- Slowly add your broth/water about a tablespoon at a time. Add enough of the liquid until you are able to work into a ball. You may need or or less than the suggested 1/2 cup depending on your dough.
- Roll out the dough if you are using cookie cutters. If not, roll into balls no larger than 1″.
- Bake for up to 30 minutes or until cookies become hard and get a tinge of brown.