Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Honey Dog Cookies
Yes, honey is okay for dogs. I’ve even heard of some people giving it to dogs regularly for treatments. While I don’t negate the possible benefits of feeding honey to dogs regularly for symptoms, I am not promoting it either. I’m just providing you with the recipe that I recently used on a delicious cookie for my dogs.
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3/4 cup of broth- I use bullion and hot tap water in a cup
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prep your pans for nonstick
- In a large bowl, combine your oatmeal and flour.
- Add your eggs one at a time and give a quick mixing.
- Add your peanut butter and your honey and stir.
- Slowly pour 1/3rd of your broth into the mix and by hand, attempting to work into a ball. Keep adding the broth a bit at a time while working the mix with your hands.
- When you reach a point where the mix sticks together but, is not died out or too loose, you are able to roll the batter out if you are using a cookie cutter or roll into cookie shapes by hand.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookies start to turn a bit brown. Cookies should be hard to touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.