Oatmeal, Bacon and Wheat Germ Dog Biscuits
I make dog biscuits/cookies every week for my pack of four.
I like knowing exactly what is in my homemade goodies and they sem to like everything that I put into them.
- 2 Cups of Flour- whole wheat is preferred
- 1/2 cup of oats- I use quick
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 1/4 cup of bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of broth- I use bullion dissolved in water
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prep your pans for nonstick
- Combine your first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add your honey and stir a few times.
- Add your eggs one at a time, stirring between additions
- Add half of your broth and continue to stir until you are able to knead into a ball. If it seems to dry and breaks off, add more broth a tablespoon at a time continuing to knead.
- If you are using a cookie cutter, roll out your dough and cut your shapes. Otherwise, form your dough into the shape of your choice.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Biscuits should be hard to touch.
- Allow to cool and then serve to your happy taste testers.