We do a lot of baking around here especially, for our pack of 4.
We posted this on Instagram recently and had a lot of requests for the recipe.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal and Honey #Dog #Cookies
- 2 cups of flour- preferably whole wheat
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of corn meal
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of broth or hot water- I use bullion
How to make these:
- Preheat you oven to 350 and prep your cookie sheets for non stick.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour, oats, and meal)
- Stir in your peanut butter and honey and then your eggs one at at time.
- You will at some point need to knead this by hand. As you knead by hand, slowly add your broth at about a table spoon at a time. Keep adding the broth until your dough reaches the consistency where you are able to roll pieces into small balls without the dough sticking too much to your hands. There may be some sticking and you may not need to use all of the broth.
- You can roll out your dough and use a cookie cutter or simply roll into small balls or other shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hard.
- Allow to cool before serving.