In case you missed me last week…
I was in Seattle attending my niece’s wedding and taking in the sites. I took a computer-cation as well.
Saturday 9: Battle Hymn of the Republic
(From the archives)
Memorial Day was introduced to honor the men and women who died while serving the in the United States Armed Forces. We want to make sure that message is not forgotten this weekend.
1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy’s funeral. (Hear it here.) While both of Bobby’s older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too — enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
My dad was a veteran from WWII
2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What’s your favorite picnic food?
3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
I gave my niece a set of my mother’s pearls to wear when she walked down the aisle. When I retrieved the pearls from my safety deposit box I noticed that they smelled like my mother- a combination of Tabu and Chanel No 5
4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed?
A few weeks ago
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin’. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee?
I’m not a coffee drinker
6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer?
ugggg…… I’d move us out…including and especially the dogs…. for about a month first. Then I’d get rid of all and any carpeting, knock out a few walls and move my staircase. I’d call Jo from Fixer Upper to get the job done right.
7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment?
I was at Walmart this morning and bought a cheap lipstick = elf $2
8) When was the last time you rode a bike?
I have a recumbant Lifecycle bike that I rode this morning.
9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you’d like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
Well, since we already featured the Flintstones and Sam/Gal is sure to run more McCartney, there is always the Eagles, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and have we done Ronstadt yet?