Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Honey, and Wheat Germ Dog Treats
I found these ingredients in my cupboards. My dogs have never displayed an allergy or reaction to these and researchers say that they are safe for our best friends.
What I used to make this.
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- 1/4 cup of wheat germ.
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- Warm water as needed.
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your pans for nonstick.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
- Add your peanut butter and blend together with a fork.
- Add your honey and then your eggs.
- Once the batter starts to get hard, continue to mix together with your hands. The mix should be somewhat hard and dry for best results. If you still have dry ingredients sitting at the bottom of the bowl, add warm water a tablespoon at a time until you are able to work with the mix to form into shapes or roll out without sticking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cookies are hard or have a hint of brown. Allow to cool before sharing your cookies.