Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick’s lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether — either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn’t celebrate Christmas?
I’m from the land of boring and thus, never sat on the jolly fat old man’s lap as a child.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
It really depends on how you look at “naughty” and “nice” and how you define them- doesn’t it?
Did you have any doubt in me not answering this question in this way??
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
Ahhh…I really just shipped stuff to myself.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
No but, many other people…and dogs…did. And, I do believe that they nailed the gift giving once again.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie?
Lately, I have been putting them on and falling asleep midway through them. I did knock out favorites such as Christmas in Connecticut, which I know is also one of Sam’s fav’s too.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
I have. Last year we saw the Star Wars movie. BTW- we saw the latest one in 3d. Not the best to see in 3d and it was a bit long and more violent than the others. It was good but, could have used a bit of editing.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
Nope. We had one at the restaurant a few weeks ago. I told a certain someone to just order a bunch of pizzas from Domino’s. He of course did not. He ordered them from some fancy pan pizza place and spent $400. Who spends $400 on pizza????? Yep. And did people eat it? Nope. They were certainly the Domino’s kind of crowd. We sent whole pizza’s home with people at the end of the party. I froze pizza away. I am not a fan of 2″ bread-thick pizza.
Guess who is ordering the pizza next year.
8. What’s your favorite beverage in cold weather?
I’m still nursing the same old stuff.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
Is this a random question??? Here is my memory. Sam posing that same picture last year…and the year before…
Random question for you from me.
I want to send you a gift with a value of $100. What should I send to you?