Saturday 9: Tammy (1957)
In celebration of Debbie Reynolds
1. In this song,Tammy sings of being able to hear “the breeze from the bayou.” What sounds can you hear as you answer these questions?
2. This week’s song was the theme of a popular movie about a girl who grew up on a houseboat in Mississippi. Looking back on 2016, did you spend much time on or around water?
I visited Santa Monica over the summer.
3. In addition to being an Oscar-nominated actress, this week’s artist, Debbie Reynolds, was a big movie fan. She amassed an amazing cache of movie memorabilia. Do you collect anything?
I heard that it was that memorabilia that paid the bills after her husband’s trashed her bank accounts.
There may be a person living in my house who likes to collect things…as in everything..as in borderline hoarding to some. I like to purge every now and then.
4. Though she never won a competitive Oscar for acting, Debbie Reynolds was awarded the Academy’s Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award earlier this year for 60 years of charity work. While she supported many causes throughout her life, one she was closest to was The Girl Scouts. She was not only a Scout herself, she was a leader when daughter Carrie was young and a fundraiser throughout her life. Were you ever in Boy or Girl Scouts?
I was a brownie. There was a girl in my troupe who had leukemia and passed away. We spent a lot of Brownie time doing stuff for her.
6. The New Year’s Eve fireworks celebrations in both Disney World in Florida and Sydney, Australia coordinate pyrotechnics and music. Are you expecting either fireworks or live music on your New Year’s Eve celebration?
Fireworks freak out my dogs and I don’t want to have to deal with that.
My restaurant is open early the next day anyway….like I could even make it to midnight.
7. According to the National Insurance Bureau, more cars are stolen on New Year’s Eve than any other single day. Are you confident your vehicle(s) will be safe and sound this Saturday night?
It’s in the garage. I have pitbulls.
8. Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions for 2017?
I don’t really do those anymore.
9. Looking back on 2016, what surprised you?
Cubs winning the World Series. The Orange Windbag winning….oye…lawd help us…. and that I actually bought a restaurant. I would have had no idea that I would ever own a restaurant a year ago.
Happy New Year everyone!!!!