Sorry…I’m late. I forgot to post this week. Duh. It’s the only time that I ever post on this site these days too.
Saturday 9: Take My Breath Away (1996)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) When were you last breathless?
A second ago in a flash to be honest.
2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
I had this French teacher in college who had a great butt and always smelled nice. Now that I look back on it, her was probably playing for another team.
3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames — including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name.
4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly’s Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It’s known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What’s one of your favorite between meal snacks?
Nuts. I am so addicted to them. As a matter of fact…I think I’ll grab some of those wasabi almonds I got at Aldi the other day.
5) The group who recorded this week’s song is called Berlin, but they’re really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California?
Many times to SoCal. I’m waiting for Zip to invite us all over to party too.
6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk?
I use to when I was in a car a lot. These days, I just scan for the few songs, that are not country, to listen to rather than commercials. I just got a $500 bill for ads for my restaurant on a certain radio station. WTH? I never signed up for that so I told them to cancel the account. They came in and tried to convince my husband to keep the account. Did they negotiate a more reasonable price? Yeah right. I’m going to write them a nastier note on that next bill that I will probably get.
Just venting thanks.
7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee’s Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman’s show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid’s shows?
I watch South Park. Is that a kids show? Maybe junior high. There really are some intellectula things going on once you get past the junior high humor. Laughing is important.
8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilightseries, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies?
9) Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in — United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist?
Crap. You got me.