Saturday 9: Snowbird (1971)
1) In this song, Elvis wants the snowbird to fly away and take the snow back with her. Have you seen a measurable snowfall yet this season?
No- just a dusting which was gone in a few hours. Unlike Kwiz of course.
2) Drivers in snowy climes are encouraged to keep salt, sand or kitty litter in the trunk because those items can help a car regain traction in the snow. Do you have an emergency kit in your car right now? If so, what’s in it?
Do you think that I take my precious car out in that kind of weather???
3) Back in 2007, North Dakota set the world record for the most snow angels made at one time (8,910). Do you enjoy playing in the snow?
Not in North Dakota. Things don’t look so good for those protesters in the future either thanks to the hefty orange winds…..
4) Chionophobia is the fear of snow. Astraphobia is the fear of thunder and lightening. Lilapsophobia is the fear of tornadoes and hurricanes. Do you have to cope with any of these fears?
I’m too busy dealing with those scared animals holed up under my desk when that stuff happens. I do have a fear of orange gusts of winds/tornadoes.
5) Elvis’ daughter Lisa Marie split her childhood between Memphis and Los Angeles, so she seldom saw snow. When she was a little girl, she was whisked her off to Denver in her father’s private plane so the two of them could spend an afternoon playing in the snow. If you could take off and spend the afternoon anywhere in the world, where would you go?
What ever happened to her?
I need a good trip up to the city…as long as the weather is nice.
6) At home and onstage, Elvis refused to wear jeans and only wore denim if a film role demanded it. This is because when he was young, classmates teased him for “dressing poor” in jeans and coveralls. What did you wear to class when you were in grammar school?
Overalls. And those painters pants. Remember that ? We use to go to the men’s department at Wieboldt’s men’s department to get those and denim since they were not available for girls at the time
7) Elvis and President Jimmy Carter are distant relatives (the President is the sixth cousin of the King’s great grandfather). Your turn: Tell us about one of your more interesting relatives.
There may be relations by marriage who could possibly be from another planet.
8) In 1971, when Elvis released his recording of “Snowbird,” You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown was a hit on Broadway. Who is your favorite Peanuts character?
Peppermint Patty was clearly a girl ahead of her time.
9) Random question: You receive a gift certificate from a gourmet food company that can be redeemed for one of these three things: 1 lb. of caviar, 5 lbs. of steak or a 10 lb., live lobster. Which would you choose?
The reality is that I would put the certificate somewhere that is so safe that I will never remember where it is to actually use it. Save your money Gal.