Saturday 9: Brokenhearted (2012)
1) This song is about a girl who is eager and anxious for her new lover to call. Do you owe anyone a call? An email? A text?
Probably but, who cares?
2) The lyrics are peppered with the informal English exclamation, “cheerio!” What pops into your head when you close your eyes and think of England?
That Richard Quest was just on CNN. You know your country, or something else in the world, is messed up, at any given time, when Richard Quest shows up on TV. Plane crash expert, British Royalty expert, British gossip expert, and America possibly sucks right now as everyone else sees it expert…
3) This week’s artist, Karmin, is a husband/wife duo who met at college, and that meeting changed the course of their lives and careers. Think of someone who has had a huge impact on your life. Did you know, as soon as you met, that this was going to be a life-changing relationship?
oye. That was some thirtycoughcoughcough years ago. I can’t remember. My girlfriend took off with his buddy and we were stuck together in the parking lot of Bennigan’s. At least we lasted longer than Bennigan’s….
4) Though she sings about consuming tequila, the female side of Karmin, Amy, is a big proponent of healthy eating. She recommends organic foods that are free of pesticides, hormones, food coloring and added sugar. Think about your most recent meal. Was it a good example of “healthy eating?”
Big taxes are coming to tequila girlfriend. Better load up now.
I’m not sure…I had an Atkins bar. Is that healthy?
5) Husband Nick has his own Twitter account (@NickKarmin), but he doesn’t use it often. His last tweet was back in August. What’s the last thing you posted to social media? (No, your blog doesn’t count.)
Who are these people? I’ve never heard of them.
I posted an image of some sweet stuff to instagram.
6) Karmin performed “Brokenhearted” live on Dancing with the Stars. DWTSis very big business for ABC-TV. So many people vote for their favorite couples each week that their phone and text systems often overload. Have you ever voted for a contestant on American Idol, DWTS, The Voice, etc.?
7) In 2012, the year”Brokenhearted” was popular, the average cost for a gallon of gas was $3.91. In 2016, it had dropped to $2.40. When it’s time to fill up your tank, do you shop around for the lowest price/gal.? Are you brand loyal and always return to the same station, regardless of price? Or do you just buy gas from the nearest station when you’re running low?
I just heat to the Mobil station. I’ve never heard anything bad about their gas. Recently.
8) In 2012, the Space Shuttle Endeavor was retired and placed on permanent display at the California Science Center, a Los Angeles museum dedicated to encouraging excitement and enthusiasm about air and space travel. Let’s say you had a long weekend to spend in Los Angeles. Would you go out of your way to see The Endeavor? What else would you like to do during your time in the City of Angels?
I just did that long weekend in LA thing. It is way over-rated. We need to head south to Zippy’s house instead.
9) While we’re thinking about aviation … Statistics show that it’s still a predominantly male field, and less than 10% of commercial pilots are women. Would you be nervous flying with a woman pilot?
No. I flew with a female pilot last year. I felt a whole lot safer.
RANDOM FREAKING QUESTION.
What story in the news are you sick of hearing about?
Moi. Crowd sizes. Anything that has to do with size….if you know what I mean.
Have you seen Hidden Figures?
I highly recommend it. It’s my fav of all of the Oscar pics. La La Land is a bit over-rated in my opinion although I did enjoy it.