If I had a baby or grandbaby…
Saturday 9: A Summer Place (1960)
1) This song highlights the soundtrack from the movie A Summer Place, which is about two teenage lovers named Molly and Johnny. Did you ever have a youthful summer romance? If so, what was his/her name?
2) The “summer place” of the song/movie is a resort along the Maine coast. What “summer place” are you day dreaming about this winter morning?
My backyard works for me
3) In the movie, Johnny was played by Troy Donahue, who is remembered as nice looking but not terribly talented. Can you think of one of today’s actors who you could describe as “nice looking but not terribly talented?”
UM… DC will be filled with them on Monday….
4) Molly is played by Sandra Dee, a perky blonde who was one of 1960’s bankable movie stars. Two other blondes — Doris Day and Debbie Reynolds — joined Sandra Dee in the Top 10. The only brunette to sell a lot of movie tickets that year was Elizabeth Taylor. Do you believe men find blondes more attractive than brunettes or redheads?
Ask a man.
Or a woman who swings that way.
5) “A Summer Place” was by far the best-selling record of 1960. Also in 1960, two brothers in Ypsilanti, Michigan, opened a pizza place called Dominck’s. That was the beginning of a chain now known as Domino’s. What’s the last food you had delivered to your front door?
It’s been at least 10 years… probably more….I have no idea.
6) In 1965, one of the brothers sold his share of the business to his brother for cash so he could buy a VW Beetle. Tell us about a time you had buyer’s remorse.
I had a second hit on Yankee Candle’s online clearance sale. Whoopee- an extra 10% off
7) In 1960, novelist Ernest Hemingway returned to the United States from Spain and settled in Ketchum, Idaho. Tell us about the last book you read. Was it a novel or non-fiction?
8) In December, 1960, John F. Kennedy, Jr. was baptized in the Georgetown University Chapel. His godparents were Charles and Martha Bartlett, the couple who originally introduced young John’s famous parents. Do you have godparents?
Honey…I don’t even have parents any more.
9) Random question: You’re at dinner with a married couple who begins to fight. Would you intercede and try to make peace? Or would you just sit back stay out of it?
One thing I am learning from our new prez is how to throw the shiny object into something. I would through a shiny object. Change he dang subject.
Yes. I did get caught up in watching the DC festivities. I am glad that everyone was respectful and behaved. It sure made it all more enjoyable. (I wonder who held on to the phone). Lawd have mercy.
Watching the BO and Mo send-off was amazing to witness.
Any one else watch??