Saturday 9: I’ll Be There (1992)
1) In this song, Mariah pledges to “have faith in all you do.” Have you recently given someone support or a pep talk?
If you want to call it that….a certain person got on the highway today and was running late so he did not stop for gas. He parked his car and when he got back into it, the car would not start. DeDuh.
2) Mariah was at the center of a controversy in Times Square on New Year’s Eve when she had audio problems and claimed she could not perform. Times Square is at the busy intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue. If we went to the busy intersection nearest your home, what would we find? (A store? A church? McDonald’s?)
A freaking Walgreens and a stop light that thinks I want to wait for a left turn arrow that nobody is waiting to use while I am on my way on a Sunday morning.
3) Her nickname in high school was Mirage because she cut school so often. Did you ever play hookey?
I remember going to the Cubs game once in Junior high. You could actually go on the spur of the moment and get cheap tickets back then. I’d freak if my junior high kid did that today- not that my gasless child is in junior high or anything.
4) Mariah doesn’t apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats his/her pets like people?
5) Mariah has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist?
I do. I am there long enough. Plus, if you piss them off they could take it out on you.
6) When married to her first husband, Mariah went vegetarian. Tell us about last night’s dinner. Would it qualify as a vegetarian meal?
I had a huge salad with tuna from one of those envelopes in it. I buy the tune envelop at Aldi and it is really good.
7) This week’s song was introduced by The Jackson 5. Think of your favorite Michael Jackson song. Did he record it solo or with his brothers?
I remember liking that song Ben. I’d say something from the MTV video era but, that would be kinda obvious right?
8) In 1992, when this song was popular, The Mall of America opened. Located in Minnesota, it’s the biggest mall in the nation, with more than 400 stores. Think about the last thing you purchased. Were you shopping out of necessity, or for fun?
I went to the winery with my daughter this morning to load up on wine. There is this amazing wine that is made with jalapeno peppers that is a great Bloody Mary alternative. I got that and a red. Many bottles of both which I would thing be classified as medicinal… maybe even covered by ACA but, certainly NOT Obamacare…lol….and thus, that would be a necessity.
9) Have you ever shoplifted? (Don’t worry. We won’t tell.)
I’m sure as a kid as that is what kids do right?????
We have been in the 70’s all week long but, the temps are taking a dip right this moment. I could not help but to torment my sister in the OC as she was experiencing tons of rain and wind.